Better Housing for Erie
Better Housing for Erie, an affiliate of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Erie, is located between East 16th, East 17th, Holland and German streets.
Developed in the late 1960s to fulfill a housing shortage and need for community redevelopment, the Diocese of Erie was among the first to implement projects to fulfill this need.
Better Housing became an affiliate of Catholic Charities in 1991 under Bishop Donald Trautman. It continues to fulfill the Diocesan mission to ‘serve the people of Northwestern Pennsylvania’ as well as the mission of Catholic Charities who are committed to the sacredness of human life and the betterment of society.
The site continues to be well maintained by its Board of Directors, Catholic Charities and NDC Real Estate Management, Inc.
For more information about Better Housing, contact Catholic Charities at (814) 824-1250.
Board of directors
Ann Badach, MA, Executive Director
Deacon Richard Brogdon, President