Full-time position for Executive Director of Faith Formation
The Diocese of Erie is seeking a creative and faith-driven leader to serve as the Executive Director of Faith Formation. The fruit of a collaborative diocesan planning process, this position has been identified as key to the renewal of parish life, religious education, youth ministry and family ministry. He/she will play a key role in the ongoing development of a collaborative vision for life-long faith formation in the Diocese of Erie. He/she will report to the Vicar for Education and supervise several full-time professional colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to evangelization and life-long faith formation
- Be visionary and forward-looking
- Relate well to lay, clergy and religious alike
- Be willing to provide inspirational leadership through involvement in the day-to-day responsibilities of the office.
Required qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in religious education, theology or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an administrator in Catholic ministry, preferably in a diocesan context
- Experience in teaching the faith and/or providing faith formation
- Served on diocesan committees and/or participated in diocesan planning processes.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. See links for full position profile and job application form below.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a signed and completed job application form in one of two ways:
- Email applications are preferred. Send all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Application form must be scanned, completed and signed.)
- If necessary, mail to: Faith Formation Search, St. Mark Catholic Center, 429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16504
Teaching positions (list updated regularly)
Erie Catholic School System positions