My DioErie: Computer Training Materials
Computer Orientation materialsCommon ports:
Common laptop ports: This walk-through explains various ports available on laptops for use with external devices like monitors, projectors and USB drives or a keyboard or mouse.
Common desktop computer ports: This walk-through explains various ports available on desktop computer for use with external devices like monitors, projectors and USB drives or a keyboard or mouse.
How to properly wrap your computer's power cord. This video will ask you to log in to Microsoft Stream. Use your eriercd.org email/password.
Laptop Care and Cleaning - this document details the proper care of your laptop including instructions for cleaning and santitizing the equipment. Watch this video for a demonstration of how to cleand or sanitize your laptop. This video will ask you to log in to Microsoft Stream. Use your eriercd.org email/password.
Using multiple monitors: A dual monitor configuration facilitates multitasking by letting you use two programs at once without having to switch between them.
Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Defender is included with Windows 10 and Windows 8. These instructions cover the use of some of it's basic features.
- Lesson 0 - (For St. Mark Catholic Center users only) Unhide the Teams taskbar icon and retire Skype for Business
- Lesson 1 - Basic Chat Using Chat: Handout Microsoft Training
- Lesson 2 - Managing Notifications: Handout Supporting video
- Lesson 3 - Formatting Chats: Handout
- Lesson 4 - Changing your "Available Status" Handout Supporting Video
- Lesson 5 - Start or Schedule a Video Meeting Handout Supporting video
- Lesson 6 - Preparing to move your files to the cloud (contact Kathy regarding this lesson.)
- Lesson 7 - Looking your best on a video meeting
- Lesson 8 - Managing chats handout Supporting video
- Lesson 9 - Group chat handout Supporting video Notes from Microsoft
- Lesson 10 - Sharing your screen
- Lesson 11 - Posts handout Supporting video
- Lesson 12 - Managing Posts handout supporting video
- Lesson 13 - Using Polls handout supporting videos: email poll chat poll meeting poll
- Lesson 14 - Virtual Backgrounds in video meetings handout supporting video
- Lesson 15 - Using the lobby.
- Take a tour of Microsoft Whiteboard