Director of Human Resources
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie is seeking a director of Human Resources to oversee all aspects of human resource practices and processes and to serve as a contracted consultant to parishes and agencies of the Diocese of Erie.
This position requires the coordination of all facets of employee management. Primary duties include overall leadership and guidance of human resource operations, including talent acquisition, career development, retention, training, leadership development, employee relations, conflict resolution, compensation and benefits, and compliance with all local, state and federal employment laws.
The director of Human Resources also assists the Office of Child Protection and Youth to ensure that screening and approval processes comply with diocesan standards.
This position meets the criteria for an administrative exemption under the provisions of the federal and state wage and hour laws and reports directly to the vicar general of the diocese.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management or in Management with a concentration in Human Resource Management/Organizational Leadership.
• A Master’s degree in Human Resource management would be a plus.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) credentials (or equivalent) are required.
• 3-5 years proven experience as an HR manager or other HR executive positions.
• Due to the nature of the overall operation of the Diocese, candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good standing, verified by their current parish pastor.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs and processes.
• Better than average written, active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• History of the ability to architect, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with overall business planning.
• Experienced management of the employee recruitment and selection process.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, especially Excel.
• Skilled experience with Human Resources systems and data bases are a plus.
• See links below for a full position profile and application.
• Deadline for application: May 25, 2018.
• Resume and cover letter can be sent to: HRsearch@ErieRCD.org - email applications are preferred. Application form must be scanned, completed and signed.
• If necessary, mail to: Human Resources Search, St. Mark Catholic Center, 429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16504.
Full-time position for Executive Director of Faith Formation
The Diocese of Erie is seeking a creative and faith-driven leader to serve as the Executive Director of Faith Formation. The fruit of a collaborative diocesan planning process, this position has been identified as key to the renewal of parish life, religious education, youth ministry and family ministry. He/she will play a key role in the ongoing development of a collaborative vision for life-long faith formation in the Diocese of Erie. He/she will report to the Vicar for Education and supervise several full-time professional colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to evangelization and life-long faith formation
- Be visionary and forward-looking
- Relate well to lay, clergy and religious alike
- Be willing to provide inspirational leadership through involvement in the day-to-day responsibilities of the office.
- Master’s degree in religious education, theology or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an administrator in Catholic ministry, preferably in a diocesan context
- Experience in teaching the faith and/or providing faith formation
- Served on diocesan committees and/or participated in diocesan planning processes.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a signed and completed job application form in one of two ways:
- Email applications are preferred. Send all materials to: ffsearch@ErieRCD.org. (Application form must be scanned, completed and signed.)
- If necessary, mail to: Faith Formation Search, St. Mark Catholic Center, 429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16504.
Teaching positions (list updated regularly)