Steps to obtain a clearance:NOTE: This clearance is for new employees and new volunteers beginning employment/service after July 1, 2018.
Steps to obtain a clearance from the OPCY:
- Click on the “Click here for clearance request” at the bottom of this page.
- Fill in the top portion of the OPCY Clearance form. Note: The bottom section is for office use only.
- Submit the completed form in one of the following ways:
- If using Internet Explorer as your internet browser: Complete the form and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If using a different internet browser: Download the form to your computer, complete the form, save the form and send the completed form as an email attachment to: email@example.com
- Complete the form, print the form and send it by US mail to: OPCY, PO Box 10397, Erie, PA 16514 or fax the form to: (814) 824-1181.
Forms should not be sent using a phone.
After your request is submitted:
The OPCY will email a response back to you within 1 to 2 business days, and a hard copy of the clearance will be mailed within the week. The hard copy will have a diocesan OPCY seal in blue ink. The original copy of the clearance must be on file at the place of employment/volunteer service.
Assistance is available by calling 814-824-1195.