2016 Deacon Study Day videosEnjoy this four-part videotaped coverage of Deacon Study Day featuring presenter Deacon Bill Ditewig.
“Grace Overflowing – Diaconal Spirituality in the Context of Ordained Ministry”
presented by Deacon Richard Shewman
In these presentations Deacon Shewman examines spirituality as understood by permanent deacons and their wives and concentrates on these five core areas characteristics of the spiritual lives of deacons:
- Lives of deacons and their spouses
- Relationship between the person and God
- Expression of that relationship in ministry
- Integrity of the person’s spiritual life with marriage
- A deepened self-awareness and admission of the challenges faced in being faithful to spiritual practices
GRACE OVERFLOWING MP3 AUDIO FILES Accompanying PDF
- Deacon Spirituality Session 101
- What are humans?
2-part video - Permanent Diaconate
This very informative video developed by the Diocese of Toronto tells the story of the Permanent Diaconate by sharing the individual witnesses of deacons and their wives.
"Understanding the Permanent Diaconate"
by Deacon Richard Shewman, interviewed by Msgr. Thomas Snyderwine for his podcast in 2011.