Boy ScoutsWithin the thirteen counties of the Catholic Diocese of Erie we have four Scout councils:
- Allegheny Highlands council with the council office situated in Falconer, New York;
- Bucktail council office which is located in DuBois, PA.;
- Chief Cornplanter council office in Warren, PA.;
- French Creek council in Erie, PA.
- The Light of Christ emblem designed for 6-7 years old Cub Scouts. NCCS
- The Parvuli Dei emblem designed for 8-10 years old Cub Scouts. NCCS
- The Ad Altare Dei emblem designed for 13-14 years old Boy Scouts. NCCS
- The Pope Pius XII emblem designed for Venturing Crew Members and Boy Scouts 15 years old and older. NCCS
- The America Saint Series emblems are designed for scouts of any age. NFCYM
EAGLE SCOUT Young Catholic men in the Diocese of Erie who have earned the rank of Eagle Scout can request a recognition letter from Bishop Lawrence T. Persico. The parent or scout leader should download the following application and submit at least 30 days prior to the Court of Honor.
Eagle Scout recognition letter request form
St. George Award The National Catholic Committee on Scouting®, acting through the Diocese of Erie, may award the St. George emblem to members of the laity and clergy, Scouters and non-Scouters alike, who have made significant and outstanding contributions to the spiritual development of Catholic youths through Scouting. The recipients of this emblem are to be sought after and selected by an active committee of the Diocese of Erie. This committee is to be newly-appointed each year by the diocesan Scout chaplain or chairperson. Nomination forms should give a detailed description of how the nominee provides outstanding contribution to the spiritual development of Catholic youths through Scouting in the Catholic Church. It is improper to nominate oneself or one’s spouse. General Scouting achievements do not qualify a person to receive the St. George emblem. The Boy Scouts of America has district, council, regional and national awards for such recognition. Click for more information and the downloadable nomination form.